Ryan Pridgeon, manager of Boat Stop Storage, accepted the Spotlight of the Month Award from Melanie Hambrick, President of the Flour Bluff Business Association on September 14, 2016, at the regular monthly meeting. Boat Stop, located at 502 Graham Road in Flour Bluff, provides secure storage with a private ramp and dock nearby.
“I’m sure you’ve seen the construction that’s going on. We had 196 units and were at 100% occupancy. We are just finishing up a separate building that has 70 additional units, and we’re about to start construction on another 70 units after that. We’ll have plenty of spaces if you know anybody who has a boat and needs to store it. We also store trailers outside,” said Pridgeon.
Pridgeon went on to say that they have a mechanic on site (Mike’s Marine 361-937-0422). “He’s a separate business, but he’s at the storage units. I believe he will be joining the business association, as well.”
There are plans to fix up the existing boat ramp that sits at the end of Graham Road. “It’ll be a lot nicer with concrete and a parking area,” added Pridgeon.
- New members were announced: Boat Stop Storage and Grande Communications.
- Many candidates running for office were present, including:
- Jeff Rank and Flo East, Flour Bluff ISD School Board, Place 3
- Jennifer Welp, Flour Bluff ISD School Board, Place 6 (unopposed)
- Mike Morgan, Flour Bluff ISD School Board, Place 7 (unopposed)
- Greg Smith and Dr. Lloyd Stegemann, District 4 Corpus Christi City Council
- Chad Magill, At-large Corpus Christi City Council
- Alex Garcia, Justice of the Peace Pct. 2 Place 1
- An update was given on Flour Fest, which was held on September 17, 2016, at Funtrackers and was deemed a real success by those in attendance.
- The Flour Bluff Citizens Council will hold its first general meeting on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at Grace Community Church located at 1514 Flour Bluff Drive, at 6:00 p.m. All who are interested in attending are encouraged to visit the Facebook page where the bylaws, Membership Application, and information about the organization can be found.
- Ken Knight of Coastal Wellness , located at 9929 SPID in the Bluff Plaza, announced that they are expanding in November. They will be adding a coffee and juice bar and a yoga studio. Coastal Wellness offers free health education and has partnered with the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, and other health-related groups.
- Javier Wiley, General Manager of HEB Plus in Flour Bluff, announced the passing of Howard Butt, older brother of Charles Butt, CEO of HEB. He also informed the group about a new service that HEB will launch on Tuesday, September 27, 2016. HEB has partnered with SHIPT to provide home deliveries, which Wiley said will be beneficial to those living on the Island, those who are unable to go to the store, and those who are too busy to go to the store. Click here for more information.
- Captain Tony Hahn, USCG, was the keynote speaker. Click here for the full story.
October meeting: The October 12 meeting will be highlighted by a candidate forum. The FBBA meets at Funtrackers at noon, the second Wednesday of each month. Stay informed by visiting the FBBA website.