Come one, come all to the 1st Annual Flour Fest on September 17, 2016! The noon to 6:00 p.m. event will be hosted by the Flour Bluff Business Association and will take place at Funtrackers on Flour Bluff Drive. The event will serve as a way to introduce the Flour Bluff citizens to the many businesses that call the area between the Cayo del Oso and Laguna Madre home. The event comes at the end of Flour Bluff ISD Homecoming week and promises to be a fun time for all as they take part in the festivities while seeing what the great community of Flour Bluff has to offer.
Events will include:
- Flour Bluff business booths
- Live music
- Free rides to the first 200 kids
- Storytellers relating the history of Flour Bluff
- Pastry Wars Eating Contest
- Coastal A’s & Rods Show
- Vendor’s booths displaying wares and services
- Nueces County ESD#2 fire engine tour and fire safety talk for kids and adults
- Great food from the Raceway Cafe’
- Special performances by local school groups
- Flour Bluff Song Contest (More information to come.)
- All games and rides at Funtrackers Family Fun Center
Important information: Vendors can reserve a spot by visiting the FBBA website and clicking on the Flour Fest link. Booth space will be free to all applying FBBA members. Non-members may follow the same link to apply for a spot. Everyone is encouraged to reserve a table soon to ensure a place at the event. The FBBA will provide a table and two chairs for each vendor. All vendor tables will be located within the park. Pop-up shade covers are recommended but must be provided by individual vendors.
Retired from education after serving 30 years (twenty-eight as an English teacher and two years as a new-teacher mentor), Shirley enjoys her life with family and friends while serving her community, church, and school in Corpus Christi, Texas. She is the creator and managing editor of The Paper Trail, an online news/blog site that serves to offer new, in-depth, and insightful responses to the events of the day. She also writes and edits for The Texas Shoreline News, a Corpus Christi print newspaper.